Tuesday 30 March 2010

'GAVIN AND STACEY'... STATESIDE!

First ‘The Office’ now ‘Gavin and Stacey’- our American pals are loving British shows right now!

Yes the U.S. have (rightly so) started screening the hilarious Welsh comedy over on BBC America after buying the rights to James Corden and Ruth Jones hit show, and they love it so much, they might just make their own version.

Yes, Mr Corden told 'Now' magazine:

“We have let them make their own show and hope they do it right. It would be stupid or us to try and write it- I don’t know anything about American family life.”

Sounds good! But a ‘Gavin and Stacey’ without lovable Smithy is truly unthinkable!

Speaking of being ‘lovable’, Corden told what he thought about being a ‘sex symbol’:

“I think it’s good that someone who doesn’t look like Brad Pitt is considered attractive because why shouldn’t I be? I don’t imagine anyone asks Brad why all these people fancy him, but with me, people ask all the time. I guess what they’re saying is: ‘You’re not attractive, yet people think you are.’ I have to take it with a bag of salt, really.”

Despite this, he admitted to being insecure, saying:

“The older I get, the longer the bouts of insecurity. It’s not just me, is it?”

Surely not Jamesy! And you have nothing to worry about, you are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment